Understand touchscreen input techniques. Find out how to manipulate objects on the screen and use pen input and alternative keyboard input, including handwriting input.
- [Narrator] With a touchscreen,…the computer's monitor, or standard output device,…becomes an input device.…The input can be provided by a finger…or more commonly, a pen or digital stylus.…In this movie I cover touchscreen monitors:…how they're attached to the computer,…how they're configured,…and the variety of input methods available.…A touchscreen monitor is a requirement…for a two-in-one laptop.…These computers let you detach the monitor…and use the device as a tablet.…As such, touchscreen input is required,…but you can also purchase a touchscreen monitor…for a desktop computer.…
These monitors work just like standard computer monitors,…covered in another movie,…but the big difference is they also sport a USB connection…which is how the touchscreen input is detected.…The monitor's touchscreen capability is measured…by how many input points can be read at a time.…This refers to how many touches the monitor detects at once.…Early touchscreens featured only one or two input points.…Today's touchscreen monitors can handle 10 or more,…
This course is designed to provide a detailed introduction to PC hardware and peripherals. The fundamentals of storage, processing, graphics, audio, displays, and networks are covered. Whether you're a budding IT professional or someone who seeks a deeper understanding of how devices works, you can gain a foundation of help desk knowledge by examining the steps and techniques demonstrated in this course.
- Looking inside the computer console
- Working with connectors and connections
- Exploring the motherboard
- Working with internal and external storage
- Working with processors
- Examining memory and expansion cards
- Configuring the graphics system
- Working with monitors and touch screens
- Accessing audio
- Exploring printer types
- Connecting and configuring the printer
- Making network connections
- Setting up gateways
- Sharing network resources
- Activating and deactivating Bluetooth
Skill Level Beginner
1. Hardware Overview
2. Console Tour
3. Internal Features
Preparing mass storage6m 55s
5. PC Graphics System
6. Input/Output Devices
7. Printers and Printing
Exploring printer types3m 19s
9. Bluetooth and Bluetooth Peripherals
Understanding Bluetooth3m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.