Learn how internal storage works in a PC. Use the SATA (data) and power connections. Learn to attach the primary mass storage device to the motherboard and how to add more internal storage.
- [Instructor] The main computer box…or console is home to various storage devices,…particularly the primary mass storage device,…but also other storage including perhaps an optical drive.…In this movie I cover the computer's internal…storage options, such as the variety…of storage devices, how they interface…with a motherboard and power supply,…and the general process of adding…or replacing internal storage hardware.…Being a central and vital part of the computer system,…the console is the traditional location for mass storage.…
The primary mass storage device…is a hard drive or a solid-state drive,…abbreviated HDD or SSD respectively.…The primary mass storage device…is the PC's boot drive.…It's where you find the operating system,…your programs, and all the stuff…you create or collect on your computer.…Other storage you might find inside the console…includes secondary mass storage plus drives…with removable storage such as an optical drive.…A media card reader could also be considered…a mass storage device, though it's attached…
This course is designed to provide a detailed introduction to PC hardware and peripherals. The fundamentals of storage, processing, graphics, audio, displays, and networks are covered. Whether you're a budding IT professional or someone who seeks a deeper understanding of how devices works, you can gain a foundation of help desk knowledge by examining the steps and techniques demonstrated in this course.
- Looking inside the computer console
- Working with connectors and connections
- Exploring the motherboard
- Working with internal and external storage
- Working with processors
- Examining memory and expansion cards
- Configuring the graphics system
- Working with monitors and touch screens
- Accessing audio
- Exploring printer types
- Connecting and configuring the printer
- Making network connections
- Setting up gateways
- Sharing network resources
- Activating and deactivating Bluetooth
Skill Level Beginner
1. Hardware Overview
2. Console Tour
3. Internal Features
Preparing mass storage6m 55s
5. PC Graphics System
6. Input/Output Devices
7. Printers and Printing
Exploring printer types3m 19s
9. Bluetooth and Bluetooth Peripherals
Understanding Bluetooth3m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.