Get an overview of popular ports (connectors and cables) used on a PC. This tutorial covers USB, the differences between USB 3.0 and USB 2.0, various popular vdeo ports, audio ports, and legacy ports.
- [Tutor] Peripherals attach to the console…wired or wirelessly,…as well as internally or externally.…Internal connections happen between the motherboard…and an internal peripheral…which is a topic for another movie.…External connections are wired or wireless…but most often wired.…In this movie I cover those wired peripheral connections.…The topic is computer cables…and how they connect to various ports, jacks,…and holes in the computer console.…A computer cable is an insulated wire…with connections at both ends.…
The connectors match a specific type of port…on the console as well as on the peripheral device.…Now a port is an interface.…It's defined by a protocol…or the method by which information is sent,…or received or both.…A typical computer features these common ports;…the USB or Universal Serial Bus port,…audio ports, network, video ports,…internal ports, and even legacy ports.…USB is the king of ports.…
It's a standard that replaced a slew of specific ports…that once dotted the typical PC's rom.…USB ports come in two flavors based on the standard version;…
This course is designed to provide a detailed introduction to PC hardware and peripherals. The fundamentals of storage, processing, graphics, audio, displays, and networks are covered. Whether you're a budding IT professional or someone who seeks a deeper understanding of how devices works, you can gain a foundation of help desk knowledge by examining the steps and techniques demonstrated in this course.
- Looking inside the computer console
- Working with connectors and connections
- Exploring the motherboard
- Working with internal and external storage
- Working with processors
- Examining memory and expansion cards
- Configuring the graphics system
- Working with monitors and touch screens
- Accessing audio
- Exploring printer types
- Connecting and configuring the printer
- Making network connections
- Setting up gateways
- Sharing network resources
- Activating and deactivating Bluetooth
Skill Level Beginner
1. Hardware Overview
2. Console Tour
3. Internal Features
Preparing mass storage6m 55s
5. PC Graphics System
6. Input/Output Devices
7. Printers and Printing
Exploring printer types3m 19s
9. Bluetooth and Bluetooth Peripherals
Understanding Bluetooth3m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.