Understand the power supply's role in powering and cooling the PC. Learn about using the different types of power connectors. Find out how to gauge the proper power supply wattage. Explore the many fans inside the computer case.
- [Instructor] It's the dumbest part of any computer system,…yet, it's the most important.…And that's the power supply.…It's duty is to take alternating current…from the wall and transform it into direct current…for use inside the console.…A secondary, yet vital power supply duty…is to keep the PC cool.…So it sports a fan, and hearing that fan whir to life…is on of the rituals of starting any computer.…In this movie, I explore the power supply, and PC cooling.…
The power supply is just a metal box.…One end is exposed out the back of the console,…that's where the power cord attaches…and where the fan blows its exhaust.…An on/off switch might also be present,…though this switch is not the PC's power switch,…and you should not use it to turn off the computer.…A switched mode power supply may feature…a switch where you can select the input voltage,…either 120 volts, common in the Americas,…or 240 volts for Europe and Asia.…
On the inside of the console,…you find the power supply's tail.…It's a clutch of cables and connectors…
This course is designed to provide a detailed introduction to PC hardware and peripherals. The fundamentals of storage, processing, graphics, audio, displays, and networks are covered. Whether you're a budding IT professional or someone who seeks a deeper understanding of how devices works, you can gain a foundation of help desk knowledge by examining the steps and techniques demonstrated in this course.
- Looking inside the computer console
- Working with connectors and connections
- Exploring the motherboard
- Working with internal and external storage
- Working with processors
- Examining memory and expansion cards
- Configuring the graphics system
- Working with monitors and touch screens
- Accessing audio
- Exploring printer types
- Connecting and configuring the printer
- Making network connections
- Setting up gateways
- Sharing network resources
- Activating and deactivating Bluetooth
Skill Level Beginner
1. Hardware Overview
2. Console Tour
3. Internal Features
Preparing mass storage6m 55s
5. PC Graphics System
6. Input/Output Devices
7. Printers and Printing
Exploring printer types3m 19s
9. Bluetooth and Bluetooth Peripherals
Understanding Bluetooth3m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.