Understand what a peripheral is, whether it's inside or outside the computer box, and how it provides input, output, or both. See examples of various peripherals.
- Officially, a peripheral in a computer system…is any part of the system,…separate from the main computer box, or console,…but that doesn't explain all-in-one desktops,…or laptop computers because in that configuration,…items such as the monitor and keyboard,…which are traditionally thought of as peripherals,…are part of the console, so what do you do?…Well, in this movie, I explore what's considered…a peripheral in a computer system,…whether or not that item is attached to,…or integrated into, the console or the main computer box.…
The key to understanding…whether an item is a peripheral or not,…has to do with input and output, or I/O.…That's the basic function of all computers.…Input is received, changed somehow,…and then output is generated.…Peripheral devices deal with input and output,…and they can be either inside or outside the console,…but most often, they're outside.…Even if the peripheral is inside the console,…it's still considered a peripheral in a traditional sense.…
The most basic of these peripherals…
This course is designed to provide a detailed introduction to PC hardware and peripherals. The fundamentals of storage, processing, graphics, audio, displays, and networks are covered. Whether you're a budding IT professional or someone who seeks a deeper understanding of how devices works, you can gain a foundation of help desk knowledge by examining the steps and techniques demonstrated in this course.
- Looking inside the computer console
- Working with connectors and connections
- Exploring the motherboard
- Working with internal and external storage
- Working with processors
- Examining memory and expansion cards
- Configuring the graphics system
- Working with monitors and touch screens
- Accessing audio
- Exploring printer types
- Connecting and configuring the printer
- Making network connections
- Setting up gateways
- Sharing network resources
- Activating and deactivating Bluetooth
Skill Level Beginner
1. Hardware Overview
2. Console Tour
3. Internal Features
Preparing mass storage6m 55s
5. PC Graphics System
6. Input/Output Devices
7. Printers and Printing
Exploring printer types3m 19s
9. Bluetooth and Bluetooth Peripherals
Understanding Bluetooth3m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.