Review the display adapter card, its GPU, or Graphics Processing Unit, and VRAM, or video memory. Discover how much video memory and which GPU is used in your computer. Learn how to use the DVI or HDMI connector.
- [Instructor] A computer's graphic system…consists of two major components:…the display adapter and the monitor.…Even inside an all-in-one PC or laptop,…these items are separate.…The adapter contains the smarts that display the images…you see on the monitor screen.…In this movie, I explore the relationship…between the two components of the PC's graphics system.…I cover the different types of display adapter hardware…available, the connection between the adapter and monitor,…and different parts of the monitor itself.…
The brains of the PC's graphics system lie…in the display adapter.…This technology can be part of the PC's motherboard,…included on the chip set.…This type of graphics system is referred to as…integrated graphics.…Most PCs, however, sport a display adapter card,…which offers more power and capabilities…than the graphics technology found on the motherboard.…This system is referred to as dedicated graphics.…The display adapter sports its own processor…called a GPU, for graphics processing unit.…
Some manufacturers may call it VPU…
This course is designed to provide a detailed introduction to PC hardware and peripherals. The fundamentals of storage, processing, graphics, audio, displays, and networks are covered. Whether you're a budding IT professional or someone who seeks a deeper understanding of how devices works, you can gain a foundation of help desk knowledge by examining the steps and techniques demonstrated in this course.
- Looking inside the computer console
- Working with connectors and connections
- Exploring the motherboard
- Working with internal and external storage
- Working with processors
- Examining memory and expansion cards
- Configuring the graphics system
- Working with monitors and touch screens
- Accessing audio
- Exploring printer types
- Connecting and configuring the printer
- Making network connections
- Setting up gateways
- Sharing network resources
- Activating and deactivating Bluetooth
Skill Level Beginner
1. Hardware Overview
2. Console Tour
3. Internal Features
Preparing mass storage6m 55s
5. PC Graphics System
6. Input/Output Devices
7. Printers and Printing
Exploring printer types3m 19s
9. Bluetooth and Bluetooth Peripherals
Understanding Bluetooth3m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.