Enable file and printer sharing for a private network. Learn how to locate a folder to share on the network, set network sharing permissions, and share a directly connected printer on the network.
- [Instructor] If you're feeling generous,…you can surrender a directly connected printer…or a folder on your PC's storage system to the network.…These resources would then be available…to anyone else who has network access.…In this movie, I cover the process of sharing…folders and printers.…It starts with setting sharing permissions…for the network configuration.…Then I cover how to share a specific folder.…Also covered is sharing a directly connected printer,…though if you've configured sharing permissions properly,…this process takes place automatically.…
Before you can share anything,…you must enable file and printer sharing for your computer.…These options may be disabled,…and they should be disabled…when you connect to a public network,…otherwise, to set sharing options or confirm…that they're set properly,…open the control panel.…Press the Windows X key combination…to bring up the super secret menu and choose control panel.…Beneath the network and internet heading,…choose view network status and tasks.…Choose change advanced sharing settings.…
This course is designed to provide a detailed introduction to PC hardware and peripherals. The fundamentals of storage, processing, graphics, audio, displays, and networks are covered. Whether you're a budding IT professional or someone who seeks a deeper understanding of how devices works, you can gain a foundation of help desk knowledge by examining the steps and techniques demonstrated in this course.
- Looking inside the computer console
- Working with connectors and connections
- Exploring the motherboard
- Working with internal and external storage
- Working with processors
- Examining memory and expansion cards
- Configuring the graphics system
- Working with monitors and touch screens
- Accessing audio
- Exploring printer types
- Connecting and configuring the printer
- Making network connections
- Setting up gateways
- Sharing network resources
- Activating and deactivating Bluetooth
Skill Level Beginner
1. Hardware Overview
2. Console Tour
3. Internal Features
Preparing mass storage6m 55s
5. PC Graphics System
6. Input/Output Devices
7. Printers and Printing
Exploring printer types3m 19s
9. Bluetooth and Bluetooth Peripherals
Understanding Bluetooth3m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.