Understand the gateway or "router." Learn how to access the gateway's configuration webpage, set gateway administrator password, configure a Wi-Fi gateway, set the wireless network's name, and add Wi-Fi security.
- [Narrator] One part of the network…that demands configuration is the gateway,…which is also informally referred to as a router.…Especially for a wireless network,…properly setting up a gateway is vital to network security.…In this movie, I go over the process…of configuring a gateway.…The first step is to access…the gateway's configuration webpage.…After that you set passwords, a network name, and security.…These steps are similar for most gateways,…but there is no one standard approach.…
Each gateway has its own interface,…so the information in this movie is generic,…though I will use a specific gateway…for demonstration purposes.…To start your configuration journey,…you have to access the gateway's internal web server.…First, ensure that you're connected to the network.…Even for a wireless gateway,…I recommend that you use a wired connection,…just so you can get at that configuration webpage.…Open the web browser on your PC.…
Into the address bar, you type the gateway's IP address.…In this example, the address of the network's gateway…
This course is designed to provide a detailed introduction to PC hardware and peripherals. The fundamentals of storage, processing, graphics, audio, displays, and networks are covered. Whether you're a budding IT professional or someone who seeks a deeper understanding of how devices works, you can gain a foundation of help desk knowledge by examining the steps and techniques demonstrated in this course.
- Looking inside the computer console
- Working with connectors and connections
- Exploring the motherboard
- Working with internal and external storage
- Working with processors
- Examining memory and expansion cards
- Configuring the graphics system
- Working with monitors and touch screens
- Accessing audio
- Exploring printer types
- Connecting and configuring the printer
- Making network connections
- Setting up gateways
- Sharing network resources
- Activating and deactivating Bluetooth
Skill Level Beginner
1. Hardware Overview
2. Console Tour
3. Internal Features
Preparing mass storage6m 55s
5. PC Graphics System
6. Input/Output Devices
7. Printers and Printing
Exploring printer types3m 19s
9. Bluetooth and Bluetooth Peripherals
Understanding Bluetooth3m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.