Understand the process of preparing external media, why drives are partitioned, and how to add a partition. Using the Computer Management console to examine media and control partitions. Learn about formatting new media and choosing NTFS or exFAT file sys
- [Instructor] It's been a long time…since I've had to prepare storage media.…Back in the dark old days, computer disks…came raw and unformatted.…You had to prepare a new disk each and every time,…and for a hard disk, the process involved…multiple steps and confusing decisions.…Today, the process is easier,…mostly because mass storage media comes preformatted.…In this movie, I cover what to do…when media doesn't come preformatted,…or when formatting is otherwise necessary.…I also cover the mysterious process…of drive partitioning and preparation.…
Hopefully, these are steps you rarely have to take,…but when you do, the necessary tools are readily available.…But don't go too easy.…The process of preparing media for use…also erases any previous information.…So before you mess around, ensure that you're working…with storage media that doesn't contain…anything you want to keep.…Once you're certain that the media can be formatted,…the process works like this.…First, you ensure that the drive…contains a usable partition.…
This course is designed to provide a detailed introduction to PC hardware and peripherals. The fundamentals of storage, processing, graphics, audio, displays, and networks are covered. Whether you're a budding IT professional or someone who seeks a deeper understanding of how devices works, you can gain a foundation of help desk knowledge by examining the steps and techniques demonstrated in this course.
- Looking inside the computer console
- Working with connectors and connections
- Exploring the motherboard
- Working with internal and external storage
- Working with processors
- Examining memory and expansion cards
- Configuring the graphics system
- Working with monitors and touch screens
- Accessing audio
- Exploring printer types
- Connecting and configuring the printer
- Making network connections
- Setting up gateways
- Sharing network resources
- Activating and deactivating Bluetooth
Skill Level Beginner
1. Hardware Overview
2. Console Tour
3. Internal Features
Preparing mass storage6m 55s
5. PC Graphics System
6. Input/Output Devices
7. Printers and Printing
Exploring printer types3m 19s
9. Bluetooth and Bluetooth Peripherals
Understanding Bluetooth3m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.