Join Dan Gookin for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Computer Components and Peripherals for IT Technicians.
- Thank you for watching this course.…I hope you learned something about your computer system…and all its fun and happy peripherals.…You're probably eager to keep learning…and want to know what else you can explore…along the same topics, so I have some suggestions for you.…For general computer knowledge I can recommend…my book PCs For Dummies, it covers a lot of ground…on computer technology, including peripherals…and some solid basics any computer user would want to know.…Other courses here can also expand…your computer knowledge, these include the course…PC Maintenance and Performance Fundamentals…as well as the course Troubleshoot Common PC Issues.…
For some general PC knowledge and information on Windows,…check out Setting Up a New PC with Joli Ballew.…Also from Joli, check out Windows 10 Networking Fundamentals…and be sure to check back in the future…for additional courses that may interest you.…I'm Dan Gookin, thanks for watching.…
This course is designed to provide a detailed introduction to PC hardware and peripherals. The fundamentals of storage, processing, graphics, audio, displays, and networks are covered. Whether you're a budding IT professional or someone who seeks a deeper understanding of how devices works, you can gain a foundation of help desk knowledge by examining the steps and techniques demonstrated in this course.
- Looking inside the computer console
- Working with connectors and connections
- Exploring the motherboard
- Working with internal and external storage
- Working with processors
- Examining memory and expansion cards
- Configuring the graphics system
- Working with monitors and touch screens
- Accessing audio
- Exploring printer types
- Connecting and configuring the printer
- Making network connections
- Setting up gateways
- Sharing network resources
- Activating and deactivating Bluetooth
Skill Level Beginner
1. Hardware Overview
2. Console Tour
3. Internal Features
Preparing mass storage6m 55s
5. PC Graphics System
6. Input/Output Devices
7. Printers and Printing
Exploring printer types3m 19s
9. Bluetooth and Bluetooth Peripherals
Understanding Bluetooth3m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.