Check wired and wireless network connections. Learn how to connect to a Wi-Fi network and adjust network settings. Learn how to disconnect from a Wi-Fi network and enter Airplane mode.
- [Narrator] Over the years,…connecting a computer to the network…has gone from a high paid, rare skill,…to something anyone can do,…providing that you have a basic understanding…of plugging in cables, or not.…Yeah, there's a bit more to it than that,…which is the topic of this movie.…I cover how to connect to a wired network,…as well as a wireless network,…how to check the connection,…plus how to set the network type…and when and how to turn on or off the Wi-Fi radio.…For a wired network,…plug the network cable into the PC.…
The cable is called a CAT5 or CAT6 cable,…and it's pretty common.…One end snaps into the network jack…on the back of a computer.…The other end plugs into a router or gateway.…It doesn't matter which end you use on the cable.…If the network is really large,…you're going to plug the cable into a switch,…and then another cable plugs the switch into the gateway.…All cables remain connected…as long as the network is up.…You don't need to unplug any cables…unless you're troubleshooting the network.…
This course is designed to provide a detailed introduction to PC hardware and peripherals. The fundamentals of storage, processing, graphics, audio, displays, and networks are covered. Whether you're a budding IT professional or someone who seeks a deeper understanding of how devices works, you can gain a foundation of help desk knowledge by examining the steps and techniques demonstrated in this course.
- Looking inside the computer console
- Working with connectors and connections
- Exploring the motherboard
- Working with internal and external storage
- Working with processors
- Examining memory and expansion cards
- Configuring the graphics system
- Working with monitors and touch screens
- Accessing audio
- Exploring printer types
- Connecting and configuring the printer
- Making network connections
- Setting up gateways
- Sharing network resources
- Activating and deactivating Bluetooth
Skill Level Beginner
1. Hardware Overview
2. Console Tour
3. Internal Features
Preparing mass storage6m 55s
5. PC Graphics System
6. Input/Output Devices
7. Printers and Printing
Exploring printer types3m 19s
9. Bluetooth and Bluetooth Peripherals
Understanding Bluetooth3m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.