Review basic printer models: inkjet and laser. Discover optional printer features, including copy, scan, and fax. Learn how to read the printer's control panel and find the best way to load paper.
- [Narrator] One of the most ancient…computer peripherals is the printer.…Not like today's printers.…The output device popular back then…was a noisy, teletype machine.…It's purpose was to generate information on paper,…hard copy, that's still a necessary…feature for today's computers.…In this movie, I explore computer printers.…I go over the types of printers,…how printers are set up, configured, and used.…At its core, a printer is categorized by…how it puts ink on paper.…
The two common models are Inkjet,…which is more of a general purpose printer,…that prints in color, and frequently offers other features,…such as scanning and copying,…and then the laser printer, which is often found…in offices, and it's designed for speedy output.…Both types of printers generate quality results.…They're fast, and the ink of course isn't cheap,…especially for color printers, where multiple ink…or toner cartridges are required.…Beyond basic printing duties, printers sport other features.…
All in one printers offer the capability…
This course is designed to provide a detailed introduction to PC hardware and peripherals. The fundamentals of storage, processing, graphics, audio, displays, and networks are covered. Whether you're a budding IT professional or someone who seeks a deeper understanding of how devices works, you can gain a foundation of help desk knowledge by examining the steps and techniques demonstrated in this course.
- Looking inside the computer console
- Working with connectors and connections
- Exploring the motherboard
- Working with internal and external storage
- Working with processors
- Examining memory and expansion cards
- Configuring the graphics system
- Working with monitors and touch screens
- Accessing audio
- Exploring printer types
- Connecting and configuring the printer
- Making network connections
- Setting up gateways
- Sharing network resources
- Activating and deactivating Bluetooth
Skill Level Beginner
1. Hardware Overview
2. Console Tour
3. Internal Features
Preparing mass storage6m 55s
5. PC Graphics System
6. Input/Output Devices
7. Printers and Printing
Exploring printer types3m 19s
9. Bluetooth and Bluetooth Peripherals
Understanding Bluetooth3m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.