Discover network connections and layouts. Learn how the gateway works for a wired and wireless network. Learn how to add more network connections, extend a Wi-Fi network, and examine the network in Windows. Find out how to get network details in Windows.
- [Voiceover] Is the computer network a peripheral…or a is your computer a peripheral on the network?…It's philosophical debate…that I don't want to get into right now.…With the prevalence of broadband internet…the network is now a part…of every modern computer system.…In this movie,…I cover the basics of a computer network…including the terminology,…the description of the network setup, or layout,…and how the network is accessed from within Windows.…Network access starts with hardware…called a network adapter.…
You might see the term N-I-C used…which stands for network interface card.…Back in the day you had to install an expansion card…into your PC to add the N-I-C, or NIC, hardware…to access the internet.…Today, networking hardware is provided…on the motherboard's chipset.…Each N-I-C, or NIC, is given a unique number…called a MAC address.…M-A-C stands for media access control…and it can play a role in network security.…
All desktop computers come with wired network technology…as evidenced by the network jack…on the console's IO panel.…
This course is designed to provide a detailed introduction to PC hardware and peripherals. The fundamentals of storage, processing, graphics, audio, displays, and networks are covered. Whether you're a budding IT professional or someone who seeks a deeper understanding of how devices works, you can gain a foundation of help desk knowledge by examining the steps and techniques demonstrated in this course.
- Looking inside the computer console
- Working with connectors and connections
- Exploring the motherboard
- Working with internal and external storage
- Working with processors
- Examining memory and expansion cards
- Configuring the graphics system
- Working with monitors and touch screens
- Accessing audio
- Exploring printer types
- Connecting and configuring the printer
- Making network connections
- Setting up gateways
- Sharing network resources
- Activating and deactivating Bluetooth
Skill Level Beginner
1. Hardware Overview
2. Console Tour
3. Internal Features
Preparing mass storage6m 55s
5. PC Graphics System
6. Input/Output Devices
7. Printers and Printing
Exploring printer types3m 19s
9. Bluetooth and Bluetooth Peripherals
Understanding Bluetooth3m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.