Explore the common PC keyboard, and learn how to connect a keyboard, add a second keyboard to a laptop, configure the keys' delay and repeat rate, and deal with custom keyboard software.
- [Instructor] The keyboard is, perhaps,…the original computer peripheral,…providing input after scientists grew weary…of throwing switches and rewiring hardware.…In this movie, I demonstrate the computer keyboard,…the standard input device.…I cover the connection, configuration,…and some keyboard options.…Keyboards use the USB interface to connect to the console.…Unlike the old PS2 keyboard connector,…you can add or remove a keyboard at any time.…
Traditionally, keyboards are attached…to a USB port on the rear of the console.…Those USB ports on the front of the console…are for thumb drives, headphones, and other…accessories you may add or remove frequently.…Once attached, a keyboard is rarely removed.…A wireless keyboard requires a wireless dongle,…usually inserted into a USB port,…or the keyboard may use the PC's…Bluetooth wireless connection.…Bluetooth is covered in another movie.…Wireless keyboards need batteries,…and most of the keyboards will let you…know when the batteries are getting low.…
When they do, replace the batters at once…
This course is designed to provide a detailed introduction to PC hardware and peripherals. The fundamentals of storage, processing, graphics, audio, displays, and networks are covered. Whether you're a budding IT professional or someone who seeks a deeper understanding of how devices works, you can gain a foundation of help desk knowledge by examining the steps and techniques demonstrated in this course.
- Looking inside the computer console
- Working with connectors and connections
- Exploring the motherboard
- Working with internal and external storage
- Working with processors
- Examining memory and expansion cards
- Configuring the graphics system
- Working with monitors and touch screens
- Accessing audio
- Exploring printer types
- Connecting and configuring the printer
- Making network connections
- Setting up gateways
- Sharing network resources
- Activating and deactivating Bluetooth
Skill Level Beginner
1. Hardware Overview
2. Console Tour
3. Internal Features
Preparing mass storage6m 55s
5. PC Graphics System
6. Input/Output Devices
7. Printers and Printing
Exploring printer types3m 19s
9. Bluetooth and Bluetooth Peripherals
Understanding Bluetooth3m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.