Learn how to find available printers in Windows, choose a default printer, select a printer in the Print dialog box, choosing print options, look in the Page Setup dialog box for paper options, and cancel a print job.
- [Voiceover] At one time in computer history,…adding a printer was not only a hardware operation.…It was a software ordeal as well.…You had to write a printer driver, not only once,…but for each program on your computer.…Those days are well behind us.…Adding a printer today does involve…connecting and configuring various things.…In this movie, I cover the printer's connection,…configuration in Windows, and the printing process.…Printers can be connected directly to the computer…or accessed over the local area network.…
The direct connection involves a USB cable,…which doesn't come with the printer.…Otherwise, plug in the printer and go.…Network printers come in both wired and wireless varieties.…If wired, you plug the network cable into the printer.…For a wireless printer,…you use the printer's control panel…to connect to the wifi network.…Printers directly connected to a computer…can be shared on a network,…but you must configure this option.…Another movie in this course demonstrates…how to share a printer on the network.…
This course is designed to provide a detailed introduction to PC hardware and peripherals. The fundamentals of storage, processing, graphics, audio, displays, and networks are covered. Whether you're a budding IT professional or someone who seeks a deeper understanding of how devices works, you can gain a foundation of help desk knowledge by examining the steps and techniques demonstrated in this course.
- Looking inside the computer console
- Working with connectors and connections
- Exploring the motherboard
- Working with internal and external storage
- Working with processors
- Examining memory and expansion cards
- Configuring the graphics system
- Working with monitors and touch screens
- Accessing audio
- Exploring printer types
- Connecting and configuring the printer
- Making network connections
- Setting up gateways
- Sharing network resources
- Activating and deactivating Bluetooth
Skill Level Beginner
1. Hardware Overview
2. Console Tour
3. Internal Features
Preparing mass storage6m 55s
5. PC Graphics System
6. Input/Output Devices
7. Printers and Printing
Exploring printer types3m 19s
9. Bluetooth and Bluetooth Peripherals
Understanding Bluetooth3m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.