Set the monitor's orientation, vertical or horizontal. Learn to adjust the screen resolution, select the best resolution for the monitor and display adapter combination, and calibrate the monitor's colors.
- [Narrator] Because the display adapter…is the brains of the PC's graphics system,…you configure the computer's graphics settings in Windows,…not on the monitor.…Providing that the monitor is capable,…it dutifully obeys whatever graphics configuration…Windows dictates.…In this movie, I review the process of configuring…the PC's graphics system.…I cover setting display orientation,…adjusting the resolution,…and calibrating covers.…Generally speaking, you probably don't need to adjust…any of these options.…
Modern PC graphics systems adjust automatically…to best present information on a monitor's screen.…Still, who doesn't like messing around…with computer settings.…To make the monitor adjustments in Windows 10,…right click on the desktop, choose display settings.…The settings app opens with the system category chosen,…and the display item presented…for your graphics adjusting pleasure.…You see a preview of the current monitor…at its approximate size, or aspect ratio.…
The first item you can set is screen orientation.…
This course is designed to provide a detailed introduction to PC hardware and peripherals. The fundamentals of storage, processing, graphics, audio, displays, and networks are covered. Whether you're a budding IT professional or someone who seeks a deeper understanding of how devices works, you can gain a foundation of help desk knowledge by examining the steps and techniques demonstrated in this course.
- Looking inside the computer console
- Working with connectors and connections
- Exploring the motherboard
- Working with internal and external storage
- Working with processors
- Examining memory and expansion cards
- Configuring the graphics system
- Working with monitors and touch screens
- Accessing audio
- Exploring printer types
- Connecting and configuring the printer
- Making network connections
- Setting up gateways
- Sharing network resources
- Activating and deactivating Bluetooth
Skill Level Beginner
1. Hardware Overview
2. Console Tour
3. Internal Features
Preparing mass storage6m 55s
5. PC Graphics System
6. Input/Output Devices
7. Printers and Printing
Exploring printer types3m 19s
9. Bluetooth and Bluetooth Peripherals
Understanding Bluetooth3m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.