Get suggestions for the best way to restore a computer console after an upgrade, including adding any items removed, reconnecting cables, and double-checking that the procedure worked.
- When you're done with you console's spelunking,…you need to close up the case,…power on the PC and insure that you didn't mess up anything.…That's actually not the optimum order…to perform the operation.…In this movie I explain how best…you should complete your electronic adventures…inside the typical PC console.…The key point is to avoid having to close…and then open the case because you forgot something.…Therefore my advice is to replace all the parts and pieces.…Double-check any connections you may have removed.…
For example, if you had to pull out the hard drive…to add memory, insure that the hard drive…is properly replaced and that both it's cables…are reattached and secure.…You can't really mess anything up…if you forget to plug in a component.…The computer just doesn't work.…Again, that's why you don't close the case…before you turn on the system.…Because most cases screw into place,…if you forget, you have to unscrew it,…open it, and check whatever you missed,…and then close it up again.…So,…keep the case open,…
This course is designed to provide a detailed introduction to PC hardware and peripherals. The fundamentals of storage, processing, graphics, audio, displays, and networks are covered. Whether you're a budding IT professional or someone who seeks a deeper understanding of how devices works, you can gain a foundation of help desk knowledge by examining the steps and techniques demonstrated in this course.
- Looking inside the computer console
- Working with connectors and connections
- Exploring the motherboard
- Working with internal and external storage
- Working with processors
- Examining memory and expansion cards
- Configuring the graphics system
- Working with monitors and touch screens
- Accessing audio
- Exploring printer types
- Connecting and configuring the printer
- Making network connections
- Setting up gateways
- Sharing network resources
- Activating and deactivating Bluetooth
Skill Level Beginner
1. Hardware Overview
2. Console Tour
3. Internal Features
Preparing mass storage6m 55s
5. PC Graphics System
6. Input/Output Devices
7. Printers and Printing
Exploring printer types3m 19s
9. Bluetooth and Bluetooth Peripherals
Understanding Bluetooth3m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.