Understand monitor attributes, including type, size, aspect ratio, and inputs. Use the on-screen display to adjust monitor settings.
- [Instructor] Though you look at it all the time,…the monitor is actually the most dull part…of any computer system.…It displays output.…Yes it's pretty and seductive,…and it's what you're looking at right now,…but it's really not that complicated of a gizmo.…In this movie, I review the various parts…of a PC monitor.…I go over monitor types, sizes, formats, and other items.…I'll show you how to adjust the monitor…and get it configured properly.…Monitors fall into two categories.…There's the CRT and LCD monitor.…
Now long gone are the glass screen…CRT monitors of yesterday, and good riddance,…and they consumed a lot of space and power,…and they generated useless heat.…The most popular monitor today,…and the one you'll see just about everywhere…is the LCD, or flat-screen monitor.…Before diving into the details…of a typical LCD monitor, it helps to clarify a few terms.…The monitor is the physical device,…the thin box you attach to a PC…or part of a laptop that contains the display.…
In an all-in-one PC, the monitor…
This course is designed to provide a detailed introduction to PC hardware and peripherals. The fundamentals of storage, processing, graphics, audio, displays, and networks are covered. Whether you're a budding IT professional or someone who seeks a deeper understanding of how devices works, you can gain a foundation of help desk knowledge by examining the steps and techniques demonstrated in this course.
- Looking inside the computer console
- Working with connectors and connections
- Exploring the motherboard
- Working with internal and external storage
- Working with processors
- Examining memory and expansion cards
- Configuring the graphics system
- Working with monitors and touch screens
- Accessing audio
- Exploring printer types
- Connecting and configuring the printer
- Making network connections
- Setting up gateways
- Sharing network resources
- Activating and deactivating Bluetooth
Skill Level Beginner
1. Hardware Overview
2. Console Tour
3. Internal Features
Preparing mass storage6m 55s
5. PC Graphics System
6. Input/Output Devices
7. Printers and Printing
Exploring printer types3m 19s
9. Bluetooth and Bluetooth Peripherals
Understanding Bluetooth3m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.