Learn how to connect a projector to a laptop or a second monitor to a desktop, use the helpful Win+P keyboard shortcut, and adjust a second monitor's resolution and position.
- [Instructor] The notion of adding a second monitor…to a computer made no sense back in the text mode days.…But with graphic operating systems, a second or third…monitor can extend the desktop's real estate wide and tall.…Especially if you find yourself working…on several things at once with a computer.…A second monitor is a great addition to the system.…In this movie, I cover the concept…of adding another monitor to your PC.…The monitor could be something as basic…as a projector for a laptop or a permanent…second monitor for a desktop PC.…
It's more common to use…a second monitor on a laptop computer.…That could be a large format monitor…for when the laptop is docked at a workstation.…But typically, it's a projector.…Either way, the monitor is connected…to the laptop's display port.…That's either an HDMI, mini HDMI, DVI…or similar jack on the laptop's case.…A cable connects to that port…and into the projector or monitor.…Do be aware that some…wireless projectors are also available.…Yes, and you have to buy the cable and I strongly recommend…
This course is designed to provide a detailed introduction to PC hardware and peripherals. The fundamentals of storage, processing, graphics, audio, displays, and networks are covered. Whether you're a budding IT professional or someone who seeks a deeper understanding of how devices works, you can gain a foundation of help desk knowledge by examining the steps and techniques demonstrated in this course.
- Looking inside the computer console
- Working with connectors and connections
- Exploring the motherboard
- Working with internal and external storage
- Working with processors
- Examining memory and expansion cards
- Configuring the graphics system
- Working with monitors and touch screens
- Accessing audio
- Exploring printer types
- Connecting and configuring the printer
- Making network connections
- Setting up gateways
- Sharing network resources
- Activating and deactivating Bluetooth
Skill Level Beginner
1. Hardware Overview
2. Console Tour
3. Internal Features
Preparing mass storage6m 55s
5. PC Graphics System
6. Input/Output Devices
7. Printers and Printing
Exploring printer types3m 19s
9. Bluetooth and Bluetooth Peripherals
Understanding Bluetooth3m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.