Explore options to add and remove external storage and add or remove a thumb drive, media card, or external hard drive. Learn to use the Safe-to-Eject icon to remove any attached media and deal with stubborn-to-remove media.
- [Male Narrator] The most common and easy way…to expand your PC's storage system…is to add external drives.…These drives can be temporarily attached…or part of the computer's permanent storage system.…In this movie, I cover common types of storage peripherals.…I'll explain how they're attached,…how they integrate into Windows, and how they're removed.…I suppose you could look at all mass storage devices…in the frame of how difficult each is to add or remove.…An internal hard drive can be removed, but not habitually.…
An internal optical drive has its media removed…all the time.…Likewise, media cards and thumb drives are removable,…for the most part designed to transfer data…more than present another long term storage solution.…External hard drives, on the other hand,…are pretty much set in place, despite being external…and relatively easy to detach.…The good news is that you have multiple choices:…thumb drives, media cards, both of which use flash storage,…and external hard drives.…
The array of interfaces for these storage devices…
This course is designed to provide a detailed introduction to PC hardware and peripherals. The fundamentals of storage, processing, graphics, audio, displays, and networks are covered. Whether you're a budding IT professional or someone who seeks a deeper understanding of how devices works, you can gain a foundation of help desk knowledge by examining the steps and techniques demonstrated in this course.
- Looking inside the computer console
- Working with connectors and connections
- Exploring the motherboard
- Working with internal and external storage
- Working with processors
- Examining memory and expansion cards
- Configuring the graphics system
- Working with monitors and touch screens
- Accessing audio
- Exploring printer types
- Connecting and configuring the printer
- Making network connections
- Setting up gateways
- Sharing network resources
- Activating and deactivating Bluetooth
Skill Level Beginner
1. Hardware Overview
2. Console Tour
3. Internal Features
Preparing mass storage6m 55s
5. PC Graphics System
6. Input/Output Devices
7. Printers and Printing
Exploring printer types3m 19s
9. Bluetooth and Bluetooth Peripherals
Understanding Bluetooth3m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.