Learn how to locate shared folders on a network. Find out how to type your username and password to access a resource, map a shared folder to a drive letter, and find shared network printers.
- [Narrator] Networking is about sharing resources.…For example, a broadband modem is a resource.…Rather than have just one computer use it,…the modem is shared by any device…that accesses the local network.…Other network resources include printers, hard drives,…and other gizmos such as media servers,…file servers, and so on.…In this movie, I cover the process…of accessing shared network resources,…which can be thought of as network peripherals.…I'll show you how to view the network resources,…how to access network storage,…how to map a network drive to the local storage system,…and how to access network printers.…
To get an overview of network resources,…open the network window.…Press the Windows and E key combination…to summon a File Explorer window,…and choose Network from the address bar.…This window populates with available network resources.…In the category view shown here,…you see computers that may share folders…plus printers, which are either…directly connected to the network…or shared on a computer.…Also visible could be gaming devices,…
This course is designed to provide a detailed introduction to PC hardware and peripherals. The fundamentals of storage, processing, graphics, audio, displays, and networks are covered. Whether you're a budding IT professional or someone who seeks a deeper understanding of how devices works, you can gain a foundation of help desk knowledge by examining the steps and techniques demonstrated in this course.
- Looking inside the computer console
- Working with connectors and connections
- Exploring the motherboard
- Working with internal and external storage
- Working with processors
- Examining memory and expansion cards
- Configuring the graphics system
- Working with monitors and touch screens
- Accessing audio
- Exploring printer types
- Connecting and configuring the printer
- Making network connections
- Setting up gateways
- Sharing network resources
- Activating and deactivating Bluetooth
Skill Level Beginner
1. Hardware Overview
2. Console Tour
3. Internal Features
Preparing mass storage6m 55s
5. PC Graphics System
6. Input/Output Devices
7. Printers and Printing
Exploring printer types3m 19s
9. Bluetooth and Bluetooth Peripherals
Understanding Bluetooth3m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.