Join David Pultorak for an in-depth discussion in this video Review it, part of Putting ITIL® Into Practice: Problem Management Techniques.
- [Voiceover] After you do it,…I want you to review it.…Ask yourself,…What happened?…What does it mean?…What's the next thing I'll do…as a result of trying this technique?…Will I use it?…If you're trying this technique in a team setting,…as recommended,…I'd like you to ask these questions of the team.…Now that you've tried the technique,…what do you think?…What was hard?…What was easy?…Most people grasp the basic concept fairly quickly.…Boolean logic gates take a little more…getting used to for some people.…The devil as they say is in the details,…and sticking with the tedious work…of identifying and linking all the conditions…that could lead to a service failure or degradation,…can be a challenge for some people in teams.…
So now that you've tried it,…what worked well?…What didn't?…Getting the hang of drawing out the fault tree…can be tough for some.…Using a tool like Microsoft Visio can help,…because you can move gates and events around…and connectors will move with them…and resize, et cetera.…But you've gotta be adept at the tool.…
- Ishikawa diagrams
- Kepner-Tregoe root cause analysis
- Fault tree analysis
- Component failure impact analysis
- Service outage analysis
- Post-implementation and major problem review
ITIL® trainer David Pultorak outlines the what, why, where, and how of each technique, and provide examples so you can practice with the goal of placing each technique into "muscle memory." He examines the 4 Ps that can contribute to or help resolve every problem—people, processes, products, and partners—and provides tips on where to go next.
Skill Level Intermediate
Transitioning from Waterfall to Agile Project Managementwith Kelley O'Connell1h 32m Appropriate for all
Putting ITIL® Into Practice: Problem Management Techniques
2. Ishikawa Diagram
3. Kepner-Tregoe Root Cause Analysis
4. Fault Tree Analysis
5. Component Failure Impact Analysis
6. Service Outage Analysis
7. Post-Implementation and Major Problem Review
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.