Join David Pultorak for an in-depth discussion in this video How to do it: Example, part of Putting ITIL® Into Practice: Problem Management Techniques.
- [Voiceover] Now that you've seen the steps to problem…review, let's look at a real world example…to help drive home what you've learned.…Share Point Collaboration Service has just experienced…an extended outage of about four hours,…during peak business hours.…The service is back up and running,…and that's good news, but lots of people were upset…that it went down in the first place,…and want to know that something is being done about it.…The Problem Manager gets a review date and location set.…She chooses to use the standard problem review agenda,…shown here, and the standard purpose,…that is define the 20% of possible action items…to improve problem handling going forward,…that provide 80% of the potential impact.…
That leaves inviting the right people.…In this case, the team is reviewing the Share Point…Collaboration Service outage.…As shown here, it is all ready known that the outage…was due to VLAN changes affecting active directory, or AD.…The problem manager involves members of the AD,…or enterprise directory design team,…
- Ishikawa diagrams
- Kepner-Tregoe root cause analysis
- Fault tree analysis
- Component failure impact analysis
- Service outage analysis
- Post-implementation and major problem review
ITIL® trainer David Pultorak outlines the what, why, where, and how of each technique, and provide examples so you can practice with the goal of placing each technique into "muscle memory." He examines the 4 Ps that can contribute to or help resolve every problem—people, processes, products, and partners—and provides tips on where to go next.
Skill Level Intermediate
Transitioning from Waterfall to Agile Project Managementwith Kelley O'Connell1h 32m Appropriate for all
Putting ITIL® Into Practice: Problem Management Techniques
2. Ishikawa Diagram
3. Kepner-Tregoe Root Cause Analysis
4. Fault Tree Analysis
5. Component Failure Impact Analysis
6. Service Outage Analysis
7. Post-Implementation and Major Problem Review
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.