Join Scott Pagano for an in-depth discussion in this video What to know, part of Houdini: Advanced Motion Graphics.
- View Offline
- [Voiceover] This course expects a certain base level understanding of Houdini, how to get around the interface, how to make nodes. We're not gonna cover the super basic parts of how to build systems and what's overall going on here in the different contexts. Here's an example of the network for one of the chapters. You can see there's a bit going on. There's a couple different worlds of nodes happening, and just to get you understanding that that's the kind of thing we're gonna be doing. If you're really new to Houdini, if just the basics of using the program are maybe a little beyond you, I recommend checking out my Up and Running with Houdini Course on lynda.com, and this will go over the basics of how to get around the interface, what the different contexts are, and just the overall paradigm of using the software.
So if you're comfortable using Houdini, dive right in. If you're not really sure how the program works, this might be a little bit too advanced, and check out the Up and Running and then come back to this one.
- Creating organic animation with wire dynamics via Houdini DOPs
- Creating audio-reactive animation via Houdini CHOPs
- Growing geometry on arbitrary surfaces with a custom Houdini setup
- Deconstructing and reconstructing objects using Houdini DOPs
- Exporting alembic files from Houdini
- Packaging Houdini systems as HDAs for use in C4D and Maya via the Houdini Engine
- Importing Houdini files in C4D and Maya for final scene prep and render