Raise the bar of your 3D skill set, and learn how to create realistic effects and dynamic simulations in Houdini.
- Hi, I'm Scott Pagano and welcome to Houdini: Dynamics and Simulation. First off, we're going to look at a rigid body dynamics example where we use the Bullet solver within Houdini's dynamics context to create a great really practical scene where we're simulating thousands of objects really really efficiently. And we're going to go over different types of collision geometry representations that are really important to get right to have our simulation work great and be really efficient. We're also going to look at some more soft body style simulation techniques where we use finite element solvers, wire solvers and particle solvers to create a jellyfish with almost completely procedural techniques and get some really beautiful languid organic simulation results.
Wrapping this up, we'll take a simulation system that we've built for you, but then we'll package it up together and take a look at how to export that as a digital asset to get the power of Houdini's Dyanmics within other pieces of software. Alright, let's get started.
- Destroying objects with Houdini rigid body dynamics
- Creating a soft object simulation with Houdini Wire and Finite Element simulations
- Creating a Houdini digital asset (HDA) destruction system for use in Maya and 4D
- Using an HDA destruction system in Maya
- Using an HDA destruction system in CINEMA 4D
Skill Level Advanced
Maya Dynamics: Creating Simulations (2012)with Aaron F. Ross2h 11m Intermediate
Houdini: Advanced Motion Graphicswith Scott Pagano4h 23m Advanced
Overview of constraints2m 32s
2. Rigid Body Dynamics
3. Soft Body Dynamics
4. Building an HDA
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.