Although you have used your group selection with the Pelt node, you can use it with others. The Flatten node allows you to quickly split up your mesh into UV clusters using the Group node as a base.
- [Instructor] Although pelt mapping does…give good control over the UV mapping process,…there are quicker and simpler solutions…that may well give us what we want.…One such being the use of the UV flatten node,…which incidentally also makes use of…groups to as its name suggests,…flatten out our Uvs.…With our scene loaded and our view and graph framed up,…then let's press the tab key inside the graph view,…type "Uvflat",…and then click to select the UV flatten node,…and add it to our flow just after the groups node.…
Now we should see a slight problem as we add the node,…which is simple because we haven't told it what…it should be using to unwrap or flatten the Uvs.…Now to do this,…just as with the UV pelt node,…we can use the pre made UV seams group,…which can be seen by dropping down the seam group section,…and then selecting the group that…we want to use to drive our node.…As we have only created a single UV seam group,…this is all that we will see here.…When we click to select it,…we can see how our node uses the edge information…
- UV mapping basics
- Controlling how UV mapping handles scale
- Displaying viewport maps correctly
- Testing and resetting UVs
- Choosing a texture type
- Mapping NURBS and Bézier surfaces
- Making UV seams
- Grouping, storing, and reusing UV seam selections
- Using seams with pelt mapping
- Selecting and manipulating UVs
- Sewing shared points
- Installing the Game Development Toolset
Skill Level Intermediate
Houdini: Advanced Motion Graphicswith Scott Pagano4h 23m Advanced
1. UV Mapping Basics
2. UV Texture and Project Options
3. UV Seams, Pelt, and Flatten
4. The UV Edit Node
5. Game Development Tool Kit
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.