To use your seam selections, you need to store the edges into groups. These groups can be used in a number of situations, but in this video, take a look at storing them so they can be reused with a powerful node in Houdini.
- [Instructor] Now we have our UV seams in place,…time to store them so that they can be accessed and used…whenever we want.…With our seams still selected then,…we will want to come to the Model tab in Houdini UI.…If you don't have that showing up,…we can come to the plus icon on our shelves…and then click to enable it from the list that appears.…Once there, we will want to locate…and then click on the group button.…Looking in the graph, we see that…this creates a group node for us…that we can then place in our premade UV group box.…
If we then look at the options on the node,…we see that Houdini has automatically placed…the selected verse into the base group field.…As with pretty much everything connected to…3D content creation, good organization is key.…And, although we will only work with…a single UV seam group here, it is entirely possible…when working on more complex models…that we will have multiple seam groups to contend with…with these controlling different areas of a model.…Good naming conventions then will be crucial…
- UV mapping basics
- Controlling how UV mapping handles scale
- Displaying viewport maps correctly
- Testing and resetting UVs
- Choosing a texture type
- Mapping NURBS and Bézier surfaces
- Making UV seams
- Grouping, storing, and reusing UV seam selections
- Using seams with pelt mapping
- Selecting and manipulating UVs
- Sewing shared points
- Installing the Game Development Toolset
Skill Level Intermediate
Houdini: Advanced Motion Graphicswith Scott Pagano4h 23m Advanced
1. UV Mapping Basics
2. UV Texture and Project Options
3. UV Seams, Pelt, and Flatten
4. The UV Edit Node
5. Game Development Tool Kit
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.