Sometimes, time is against you and you just need a quick way of mapping a mesh object. This is where you can use the tools inside the auto-generator node to help you quickly apply mapping to a mesh.
- [Instructor] Sometimes in production…there just isn't time to apply unique high quality…UV mapping solutions to every single object in a scene.…Especially if they are not really seen up close at any time.…For such objects then Houdini's automated mapping tools…might be just the thing that is needed.…With our installed GameDev tools having just the node…that we want, now the start seen here…differs from the others that we have used so far.…In that not a single part of the robot here…has had any UV mapping applied.…
This of course is a very deliberate set up,…in that what we want to do now is see just how quickly…we can get a decent UV mapping solution…using just this tool.…Now I say decent because what we get from this tool…will rarely be good enough for use on a hero mesh.…So please be warned, first of all then…let's come to the head geometry of our robot…and find the UV Quick Shade node,…we can then press the tab key in order to search for…and then add a Auto UV node,…putting it just above the Quick Shade node in the flow.…
- UV mapping basics
- Controlling how UV mapping handles scale
- Displaying viewport maps correctly
- Testing and resetting UVs
- Choosing a texture type
- Mapping NURBS and Bézier surfaces
- Making UV seams
- Grouping, storing, and reusing UV seam selections
- Using seams with pelt mapping
- Selecting and manipulating UVs
- Sewing shared points
- Installing the Game Development Toolset
Skill Level Intermediate
Houdini: Advanced Motion Graphicswith Scott Pagano4h 23m Advanced
1. UV Mapping Basics
2. UV Texture and Project Options
3. UV Seams, Pelt, and Flatten
4. The UV Edit Node
5. Game Development Tool Kit
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.