Being able to edit your UV clusters manually and place them right where you think they will get the most out of the UV space is going to help in a lot of projects. Take a look at the UV Edit node's ability to do just that.
- [Instructor] To end up with a really good…UV mapping result, no matter how good our initial setup is,…we may want to alter, and adjust, and augment…our mapping solution at some point in the process.…To do this, we have the handy UV Edit node to help us out.…In our scene then, let's use the Tab key in our graph area…so that we can type UV edit into our search.…Then, when we see the node appear, click to select it.…Although, if I just delete that node,…an easier way to add one is to make some edits…to the UVs themselves.…
With the UV Layout node already in the flow and selected,…let's press the S key to make sure…that we are in selection mode,…and if we click to select a polygon in our UV view…and then press the T key to engage our transforms,…you will notice in the flow that we now have…a newly created UV Edit node.…We can, of course, select points, edges,…or primitives with a single click.…And, again, the T key will let us transform these…in the view.…Double-clicking the polygon will select…all of the UV islands present on that particular mesh,…
- UV mapping basics
- Controlling how UV mapping handles scale
- Displaying viewport maps correctly
- Testing and resetting UVs
- Choosing a texture type
- Mapping NURBS and Bézier surfaces
- Making UV seams
- Grouping, storing, and reusing UV seam selections
- Using seams with pelt mapping
- Selecting and manipulating UVs
- Sewing shared points
- Installing the Game Development Toolset
Skill Level Intermediate
Houdini: Advanced Motion Graphicswith Scott Pagano4h 23m Advanced
1. UV Mapping Basics
2. UV Texture and Project Options
3. UV Seams, Pelt, and Flatten
4. The UV Edit Node
5. Game Development Tool Kit
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.