Another node that gives you more flexibility when mapping objects is the UV Project node. Take a look at some of the unique mapping controls that you have available here that can help you in some texturing situations.
- [Instructor] Although the UV project node in Houdini…is similar in several ways to the UV texture node…that we have already looked at,…there are a few slight differences that are worth noting,…as they could help us out when we find ourselves…in certain texturing situations.…Making sure we are inside the robot leg graph then,…and that we are framed up on the UV project node…sitting in the flow, which can be added…by pressing the tab key and doing a search,…or via the texture shelf.…Let's click to select it so that we are seeing…its options in the UI.…
To make sure that we can see the different projection types,…with our cursor over the 3D view,…let's press the Enter key to fully engage the tool,…and show the projection access gizmo in the viewport.…Although this step isn't necessary for us…to be able to use and edit the controls,…it can help make things easier for us,…which is where one difference between the project…and UV texture node comes into play.…Notice as we click through the different…projection types here, that the projection itself…
- UV mapping basics
- Controlling how UV mapping handles scale
- Displaying viewport maps correctly
- Testing and resetting UVs
- Choosing a texture type
- Mapping NURBS and Bézier surfaces
- Making UV seams
- Grouping, storing, and reusing UV seam selections
- Using seams with pelt mapping
- Selecting and manipulating UVs
- Sewing shared points
- Installing the Game Development Toolset
Skill Level Intermediate
Houdini: Advanced Motion Graphicswith Scott Pagano4h 23m Advanced
1. UV Mapping Basics
2. UV Texture and Project Options
3. UV Seams, Pelt, and Flatten
4. The UV Edit Node
5. Game Development Tool Kit
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.