While working with UVW mapping, it's good to have a dedicated view so that, as you use the Houdini 16 tools, you can see what effect they are having on your mesh's UV clusters. This helps speed up your texturing workflow.
- [Instructor] When it comes time to move on…to texture work in Houdini, we will most likely…want to make adjustments to the layout of the UI,…so as to help give ourselves…as optimal a work flow as possible.…Which should include having a dedicated UV view available…in order to make our mapping work as easy to do…and clear to see, as possible.…To begin the process, let's look at our current UI layout,…and see what we can do to make it a little more UV friendly.…Our first stop then might be to come…to the desktop drop down and see if there isn't…a more texture artist friendly set up already listed.…
Which, at least for now, there isn't.…And so let's set about creating one of our own.…Inside the desktop drop down then,…let's save the current configuration,…giving it an easy to recognize…and descriptive name, like UV mapping.…Again, making things as easy to find…in the Houdini UI as possible,…is just a good habit to get into.…Especially so if maybe we are an artist…who only gets to the UV mapping phase…of a project every once in a while.…
- UV mapping basics
- Controlling how UV mapping handles scale
- Displaying viewport maps correctly
- Testing and resetting UVs
- Choosing a texture type
- Mapping NURBS and Bézier surfaces
- Making UV seams
- Grouping, storing, and reusing UV seam selections
- Using seams with pelt mapping
- Selecting and manipulating UVs
- Sewing shared points
- Installing the Game Development Toolset
Skill Level Intermediate
Houdini: Advanced Motion Graphicswith Scott Pagano4h 23m Advanced
1. UV Mapping Basics
2. UV Texture and Project Options
3. UV Seams, Pelt, and Flatten
4. The UV Edit Node
5. Game Development Tool Kit
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.