Join Scott Pagano for an in-depth discussion in this video Scene overview, part of Houdini 15.5: Dynamics and Simulation.
- [Male Narrator] In this chapter, we're going to take a look…at a dynamic system that we've built in Houdini…and look at how to package it up as a digital asset…that we could use, basically, as a macro in Houdini…or then bring over to Maya or Cinema 4D…via the Houdini engine plugin, so we can use the power…of what we can build in here in another environment.…So, let's just take a look at our scene here.…We have a few just simple geometry networks…and the dynamics network, and I'm just going to play this back…so we can see what's going on.…All right, we have this box that breaks up.…
There's some constraints on it so it holds together…a little bit.…Really straight forward.…We have our moving geometry network,…which contains the geometry that gets broken up,…and we have its constraints.…Awesome.…And we have our static geometry network,…which just holds the ground plane here,…and I also have a constraints geometry object here.…If we go in, this actually has a little bit…of geometry work going on that builds…a geometric representation of that constraint network…
- Destroying objects with Houdini rigid body dynamics
- Creating a soft object simulation with Houdini Wire and Finite Element simulations
- Creating a Houdini digital asset (HDA) destruction system for use in Maya and 4D
- Using an HDA destruction system in Maya
- Using an HDA destruction system in CINEMA 4D
Skill Level Advanced
Maya Dynamics: Creating Simulations (2012)with Aaron F. Ross2h 11m Intermediate
Houdini: Advanced Motion Graphicswith Scott Pagano4h 23m Advanced
Overview of constraints2m 32s
2. Rigid Body Dynamics
3. Soft Body Dynamics
4. Building an HDA
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.