Although you do your best to position the UV mapping of an object, there may be times when you need to adjust its position or angle via numeric parameters. Take a look at how to do that within the UV Texture node options.
- [Narrator] When it comes to using texture maps…and materials, both the scale and position…of UV mapping coordinates will be important.…Now, although we can make adjustments to scale…at the material or even map levels,…given that this is a course on UVs,…we will take a look here at how we can also…make changes to scale on our UV texture node.…If we make sure that we are inside our pillars graph, then,…and have the texture node selected,…we can see three boxes at the bottom of our options…that let us adjust the scale, position, and rotation…of our texture node UVs.…
To help demonstrate,…you can perhaps see how the bricks on our pillars…are a little on the large side…in relation to the wall mesh that we see ghosted…in the view port.…If we do not see our wall,…we can just change the view port ghost settings from here.…As we can make adjustments to any…of the x, y, or z scale parameters,…let's set the x axis scale here to a value of three.…We can do this by either typing the number into the field…or via a middle mouse click and drag.…
- UV mapping basics
- Controlling how UV mapping handles scale
- Displaying viewport maps correctly
- Testing and resetting UVs
- Choosing a texture type
- Mapping NURBS and Bézier surfaces
- Making UV seams
- Grouping, storing, and reusing UV seam selections
- Using seams with pelt mapping
- Selecting and manipulating UVs
- Sewing shared points
- Installing the Game Development Toolset
Skill Level Intermediate
Houdini: Advanced Motion Graphicswith Scott Pagano4h 23m Advanced
1. UV Mapping Basics
2. UV Texture and Project Options
3. UV Seams, Pelt, and Flatten
4. The UV Edit Node
5. Game Development Tool Kit
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.