Join Scott Pagano for an in-depth discussion in this video Run simulation and create flipbook, part of Houdini 15.5: Dynamics and Simulation.
- [Male Narrator] Now we're looking at all the…high-res geometry for our objects that's been driven…by the low-res proxy geometry that's running…through the simulation.…Let's turn off the shell here, so you can see everything.…It's looking good.…The next thing we want to do is we're going to go into…our simulation, we're just going to tweak a couple settings,…and then let's run our final shot here.…First thing, I'm going to change my frame range to 120.…We want to sim out for our final.…Let's turn the shell back on.…I'm going to go into my SCENE_SIM node.…I'm just going to change a couple things here.…
First, we're going to go to our POP drag node…that's adding some drag into our whole simulation.…I'm just going to double its resistance from 0.3 to 0.6,…and, next, I'm going to go down to the glue_SHELL constraint…network here and go up to the glue_constraint node…where our settings are, and obviously we had made…our custom constraint gradient of attributes previously…and then, what happens is that, this strength field here…
- Destroying objects with Houdini rigid body dynamics
- Creating a soft object simulation with Houdini Wire and Finite Element simulations
- Creating a Houdini digital asset (HDA) destruction system for use in Maya and 4D
- Using an HDA destruction system in Maya
- Using an HDA destruction system in CINEMA 4D
Skill Level Advanced
Houdini: Advanced Motion Graphicswith Scott Pagano4h 23m Advanced
Overview of constraints2m 32s
2. Rigid Body Dynamics
3. Soft Body Dynamics
4. Building an HDA
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.