- [Instructor] Now we've taken a look…at the simulated results of our jellyfish body…running through the Finite Element Solver.…Next what we're going to set up is the cache,…so we cache out the body that's been simulated…so then we can move on to attach the tentacles…to parts of that geometry and get those simulated.…I'm going to change my time line here to 720,…because that's the full length we're going to do for this shot.…I go out of there, I'm going to go into the body object…and over here is everything we set up…with our point to form for our simulation…and over here is our dopimport_embedded node.…
This is great because this gets our unproxy,…our initial geometry, out of the dop simulation.…The Finite Element Solver set up is super great…because we basically can feed in this proxy…and then automatically get out our initial geometry…without having to go through any hoops to, sort of,…reassign or transfer motion.…What I want to do after the dopimport_embedded,…is I'm just going to lay down another file cache node.…
- Destroying objects with Houdini rigid body dynamics
- Creating a soft object simulation with Houdini Wire and Finite Element simulations
- Creating a Houdini digital asset (HDA) destruction system for use in Maya and 4D
- Using an HDA destruction system in Maya
- Using an HDA destruction system in CINEMA 4D
Skill Level Advanced
Houdini: Advanced Motion Graphicswith Scott Pagano4h 23m Advanced
Overview of constraints2m 32s
2. Rigid Body Dynamics
3. Soft Body Dynamics
4. Building an HDA
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.