Join Scott Pagano for an in-depth discussion in this video Prep edge geo for wire sim, part of Houdini 15.5: Dynamics and Simulation.
- [Instructor] Now we want to extract just the edge of our…geometry from our simulated jellyfish body,…for use in creating some tentacles.…So if we middle mouse click on this body one,…there's going to be a lot of stuff we see,…one of which is this primitive extrude side group…that was part of the original geometry…that was modeled and created.…There had been an Extrude node used,…and we made sure to make some groups…so we had access to that.…So what I'm going to do here is I'm going to…lay down a Blast node.…
Under my parameters, under group say, Extrude side.…Display flag that Blast,…and then go Delete Non Selected,…and also do Delete Unused Groups.…Awesome, so now I just have the edge of that geometry,…which was exactly what I need.…If I middle mouse click I also see I still have…some other groups in here,…and I've got all these attributes and quite frankly…I don't really need any of this stuff right now.…I just want my UVs on here, but we don't need anything else.…So I'm going to lay down an Attribute Delete.…
- Destroying objects with Houdini rigid body dynamics
- Creating a soft object simulation with Houdini Wire and Finite Element simulations
- Creating a Houdini digital asset (HDA) destruction system for use in Maya and 4D
- Using an HDA destruction system in Maya
- Using an HDA destruction system in CINEMA 4D
Skill Level Advanced
Maya Dynamics: Creating Simulations (2012)with Aaron F. Ross2h 11m Intermediate
Houdini: Advanced Motion Graphicswith Scott Pagano4h 23m Advanced
Overview of constraints2m 32s
2. Rigid Body Dynamics
3. Soft Body Dynamics
4. Building an HDA
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.