Join Scott Pagano for an in-depth discussion in this video Open HDA in Maya, part of Houdini 15.5: Dynamics and Simulation.
- [Narrator] Now we're going to bring our Houdini…digital asset into Maya to see…the power of the Houdini engine…running in this context.…So go to my Houdini Engine menu, and go load asset…and I'm going to navigate to the desktop,…Exercise files, chapter four, Houdini,…chapter four, HDA, and here's my simulation HDA.…I'm going to grab that and bring that in.…Alright so now I'm going to grab my cube array and sphere…and hide them in the out liner.…Let's reframe up and see what we've got,…this was our scene from Houdini.…When we open up the simulation node,…and we see we have our moving object…static object in our constraints.…
Everything looks good.…When you click on the simulation,…you can see that here are all the parameters…that we had set up in the parameter view…in Houdini, and first off,…I'm going to go to the constraint view…and switch that to Proxy box.…Now over here on constraints in the out liner,…I'm going to do control-h to hide that.…So that's why we set up that system…so we can not calculate the constraints…
- Destroying objects with Houdini rigid body dynamics
- Creating a soft object simulation with Houdini Wire and Finite Element simulations
- Creating a Houdini digital asset (HDA) destruction system for use in Maya and 4D
- Using an HDA destruction system in Maya
- Using an HDA destruction system in CINEMA 4D
Skill Level Advanced
Maya Dynamics: Creating Simulations (2012)with Aaron F. Ross2h 11m Intermediate
Houdini: Advanced Motion Graphicswith Scott Pagano4h 23m Advanced
Overview of constraints2m 32s
2. Rigid Body Dynamics
3. Soft Body Dynamics
4. Building an HDA
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.