Join Scott Pagano for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Houdini Engine for CINEMA 4D and Maya.
- Thanks for taking time to watch this course.…I hope this is a good overview into…how to use the Houdini Engine with CINEMA 4D and Maya,…and how to prepare Houdini Digital Assets in Houdini…for use in these other programs.…To continue your Houdini training,…I suggest looking at the Up and Running with Houdini course…that I previously created.…Another place to continue your exploration…of Houdini Digital Assets would be the Orbolt store.…So, this is orbolt.com and this is a portal…to buy and sell Houdini Digital Assets.…
You can think of it as a TurboSquid for procedural tools.…There are many things available for sale…and they're also free assets that you can download…to look at for as examples.…For example, this one is a simple table…that actually that SideFX made with the chairs,…that has some different options.…So, you can see how you can get…a lot of variety out of one tool.…All right, well, enjoy your continuation with Houdini…and various other programs and onwards to making more HDAs.…
This course introduces the typical Houdini pipeline for creating complex systems that can be passed along to shot creation. Scott Pagano shows how to load the Houdini Engine in Maya and CINEMA 4D, create simple geometric networks, build more complex particle systems and fluid simulations, and create a procedural building generator for quickly blocking out buildings in Maya and C4D scenes.
- Overview of Houdini digital assets (HDAs)
- Preparing digital assets in Houdini
- Loading Houdini assets in Maya and CINEMA 4D
- Building a particle systems with the Houdini Engine
- Creating a procedural building generator