Join Scott Pagano for an in-depth discussion in this video Loading a Houdini Engine and adjusting the parameters of the Houdini digital asset into Maya, part of Houdini Engine for Cinema 4D and Maya.
- Now that we know where all the Houdini engine elements…are located, we're going to load in the HDA we created…previously and see how to tweak its parameters in Maya.…So go up to the Houdini engine menu…and select load asset.…Now, in the exercise files in chapter three,…under the Houdini HDA, you'll see our sphere_grid_01.hda…and let's load that in.…Alright, so now we have our grid of spheres in Maya.…And if we look in the attribute editor,…you can see we have our scale and random seed parameters…that we had promoted in Houdini.…
You can change the grid scale, there we go,…we're changing the scale, and then I can change…the random seed to change the random distribution.…Excellent, all that's come over really clean.…So now we're going to open up the outliner.…Let's give ourselves a little bit more room here,…and we're going to open up our sphere grid object…all the way in, so we can see the shape node…and then the actual mesh node.…So you can see that we have everything as one contiguous…mesh at this point, but we had specifically set it up…
This course introduces the typical Houdini pipeline for creating complex systems that can be passed along to shot creation. Scott Pagano shows how to load the Houdini Engine in Maya and CINEMA 4D, create simple geometric networks, build more complex particle systems and fluid simulations, and create a procedural building generator for quickly blocking out buildings in Maya and C4D scenes.
- Overview of Houdini digital assets (HDAs)
- Preparing digital assets in Houdini
- Loading Houdini assets in Maya and CINEMA 4D
- Building a particle systems with the Houdini Engine
- Creating a procedural building generator