Creating UV mapping is a must for 3D objects. However, there are times when you want to completely remove the mapping so that you can have a fresh start. Learn how to identify which attribute holds the UV data and how to alter it.
- [Instructor] In a course that is all about helping us…get to grips with using Houdini's UVW mapping tools,…it may initially seem strange to want to spend time…looking at, well (laughs), how to get rid of them.…But in the production process, there may well be times…when getting rid of UV data that has been baked into a mesh…is exactly what we need to do,…with the procedural nature of Houdini…making this very easy indeed.…In the case of our start scene then,…we already have some not very useful UV data…that has been applied to our geometry.…
And so now we need to know how to go about removing it.…Well one way that we could do this…is to use an attribute delete node,…and then specify that what we want to do…is remove all of the current UV channels.…In the graph view then, let's press the Tab key…so that we can search for the attribute delete tool…and add it to our flow, just below the quickshade node,…making sure of course that we are viewing…the controls firing.…The node, as the name suggests,…gives us the ability to remove attributes…
- UV mapping basics
- Controlling how UV mapping handles scale
- Displaying viewport maps correctly
- Testing and resetting UVs
- Choosing a texture type
- Mapping NURBS and Bézier surfaces
- Making UV seams
- Grouping, storing, and reusing UV seam selections
- Using seams with pelt mapping
- Selecting and manipulating UVs
- Sewing shared points
- Installing the Game Development Toolset
Skill Level Intermediate
Houdini: Advanced Motion Graphicswith Scott Pagano4h 23m Advanced
1. UV Mapping Basics
2. UV Texture and Project Options
3. UV Seams, Pelt, and Flatten
4. The UV Edit Node
5. Game Development Tool Kit
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.