- Creating organic animation with wire dynamics via Houdini DOPs
- Creating audio-reactive animation via Houdini CHOPs
- Growing geometry on arbitrary surfaces with a custom Houdini setup
- Deconstructing and reconstructing objects using Houdini DOPs
- Exporting alembic files from Houdini
- Packaging Houdini systems as HDAs for use in C4D and Maya via the Houdini Engine
- Importing Houdini files in C4D and Maya for final scene prep and render
Skill Level Advanced
- [Voiceover] In this course we're gonna take a look at using Houdini to build four different kinds of assets that are gonna show off techniques that are particularly suited for enhancing your motion graphics projects. We're gonna start off with a chapter on wire dynamics which is a great feature in Houdini's dynamic system that allows us to simulate strand movement really beautifully and organically and then use that to deform strand-based geometry. We're also gonna take a look at using audio files in extracting information from those to create procedural animation channels, so we can create audio reactive animation.
We're gonna move on to building a really fantastic vine growing system which, when you're finished, you will have a system that you can use to grow vines on any arbitrary surface along with secondary leaves or other pieces of geometric detail. And we're gonna wrap this up then with building a great fracturing system in Houdini, so we can really efficiently destroy any objects we want to. Finally, we're gonna take an Alembic file that we created in Houdini, bring that into both Maya and Cinema 4D for shading, lighting, and rendering to finish this whole thing out. So let's dive in.