Join Joel Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video Exercise files, part of Mastering UVW Mapping in Houdini 16.5.
- [Instructor] If you are a premium member of the lender.com on LinkedinLearning online training library, then you will have access to the entire set of exercise files used for the duration of this course. These are located in the exercise files download, which I have unzipped and placed on my desktop. Although you can of course feel free to store this folder and it's accompanying files anywhere that you like. There are start scenes to go along with most, if not all of the movies in the course, each of which reside inside a sub-folder that has been named to fit it's corresponding chapter.
If you are a monthly or annual subscriber, then you won't have access to the exercise files. But again you will be able to quite happily work through this course using scene files of your own. If you do make use of the exercise files however, there are a few keyboard shortcuts that are worth mentioning here, as we will need to keep them in mind. Firstly, because cameras haven't been saved with these files, we may on opening the scene need to press the "F" key whilst in the 3D view in order to focus it on the match.
We can then position the view as we see fit, which I will do for the video capture starts. Over in the graph view, we may sometimes need to press the "H" key in order to censor it, or the "G" key in order to focus in on a selected note. I will leave it up to your discretion as to when and how you use these helpful keyboard shortcuts. Once we get into the course, we may also need to adjust our UV view, so that we can see the mapping by using the ALT and middle mouse buttons to frame up on the UV space.
- UV mapping basics
- Controlling how UV mapping handles scale
- Displaying viewport maps correctly
- Testing and resetting UVs
- Choosing a texture type
- Mapping NURBS and Bézier surfaces
- Making UV seams
- Grouping, storing, and reusing UV seam selections
- Using seams with pelt mapping
- Selecting and manipulating UVs
- Sewing shared points
- Installing the Game Development Toolset