Although its name may be off-putting if you're not in the game industry, you would do well to take a look at what extra tools the Game Dev tool kit gives you when it comes to UV mapping. Take a look at how to install this tool to the Houdini 16 UI.
- [Instructor] Whilst we have said…Houdini already comes with plenty of tools…designed to help us produce good UV mapping solutions…on our projects,…if we still find…that we could do with a few more in our arsenal,…then we may want to check out the Game Development Toolkit.…Now, don't let its name fool you,…the tools that can be found in here…are useful for much more than just games alone.…As it doesn't come as part of the standard…Houdini install however,…we may wonder how we go about installing it.…Well, if we are using Houdini 16,…then we will need to go to the Github website.…
So github.com/sidefx/gamedevelopmenttoolset/releases.…Where we should see…several versions of the Game Dev Toolkit.…So for Houdini 16, for instance,…we would want to download…the SideFX_GameDevToolset_Houdini16.0_…latest version number .zip file.…Now once this is done,…we can open it with a simple zip reader…such as WinRAR,…and then we want to unzip the content…to C, users, your username, documents,…Houdini, along with its version, fold structure.…
- UV mapping basics
- Controlling how UV mapping handles scale
- Displaying viewport maps correctly
- Testing and resetting UVs
- Choosing a texture type
- Mapping NURBS and Bézier surfaces
- Making UV seams
- Grouping, storing, and reusing UV seam selections
- Using seams with pelt mapping
- Selecting and manipulating UVs
- Sewing shared points
- Installing the Game Development Toolset
Skill Level Intermediate
Houdini: Advanced Motion Graphicswith Scott Pagano4h 23m Advanced
1. UV Mapping Basics
2. UV Texture and Project Options
3. UV Seams, Pelt, and Flatten
4. The UV Edit Node
5. Game Development Tool Kit
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.