Another factor that helps you work quickly and effectively is being able to see how your UV edits are affecting textures on the mesh itself. Learn how you can display textures properly inside your 3D View.
- [Narrator] When it comes to making our unwrapping work…as productive and pleasurable as possible the speed…and fidelity of our view ports will play a big part.…The higher the quality we have,…the easier our material work will be…and the easier it is to work with our materials,…the more exact our UVW mapping work will be.…With our cursor over the view port, then let's…hit the 'd' key to bring up the display properties window…,which we can also access by clicking the small 'i' icon…at the bottom of the view UI.…
Notice that the button above means…that any change we make to the display options here…will be passed on to our other views.…If we only want to effect just the one view port,…we can either click the toggle…or uncheck the apply operations to our split views option…as found at the bottom of the display options window.…Once done, we can tackle view port effects next…by coming to the tab of the same name.…When texturing with the UV test map…that we will be using here or…even working with our final texture maps…
- UV mapping basics
- Controlling how UV mapping handles scale
- Displaying viewport maps correctly
- Testing and resetting UVs
- Choosing a texture type
- Mapping NURBS and Bézier surfaces
- Making UV seams
- Grouping, storing, and reusing UV seam selections
- Using seams with pelt mapping
- Selecting and manipulating UVs
- Sewing shared points
- Installing the Game Development Toolset
Skill Level Intermediate
Houdini: Advanced Motion Graphicswith Scott Pagano4h 23m Advanced
1. UV Mapping Basics
2. UV Texture and Project Options
3. UV Seams, Pelt, and Flatten
4. The UV Edit Node
5. Game Development Tool Kit
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.