Join Scott Pagano for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating an initial vine source, part of Houdini: Advanced Motion Graphics.
- [Voiceover] In the example file for this video,…we've got some geometry that we're gonna use…to grow some vines across and the first thing…that we're gonna do is we're gonna create…a parametric surface and project that on this geometry…to give us our clean, NURBS, or mesh surface,…that we can use to creep points across…that we're then gonna capture over time…to create wires that are gonna be our vines.…So what I'm gonna do here is I'm gonna create a tube.…I'm gonna hit P to open our Parameters window.…I'm gonna make this Mesh and make it 400 rows…and 800 columns because I want a lot of resolution.…
Boom, tons of it, so we can project these on our surface,…and have enough res for that.…So now I'm gonna turn on my primitive normals.…We can see that by pointing outwards,…we're gonna need them to point inwards.…They need to face the surface that we want to project on.…So I'm just gonna do a Reverse Op.…Okay, excellent, now our normals are facing in…and we can turn that off.…Now we need to match the side of this tube…
- Creating organic animation with wire dynamics via Houdini DOPs
- Creating audio-reactive animation via Houdini CHOPs
- Growing geometry on arbitrary surfaces with a custom Houdini setup
- Deconstructing and reconstructing objects using Houdini DOPs
- Exporting alembic files from Houdini
- Packaging Houdini systems as HDAs for use in C4D and Maya via the Houdini Engine
- Importing Houdini files in C4D and Maya for final scene prep and render
Skill Level Advanced
1. Wire Dynamics
2. Audio Reactivity
Finalizing our scene6m 52s
3. Growing Geometry
4. Object Destruction
5. Assembling Houdini-Generated Assets in Maya & CINEMA 4D for Final Scene Layout
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.