Join Scott Pagano for an in-depth discussion in this video Create volume noise for wire sim, part of Houdini 15.5: Dynamics and Simulation.
- [Instructor] Now that we have…our initial wire simulation set up,…what we're going to do is we're going to create…our volume noise that we're going to invect those wires with…to give us some even nicer,…organic tentically undulation for this asset.…On our top object level here,…I'm going to create a new geometry node.…I'm going to call that vel, it's going to be…our little velocity volume.…I'm going to make that light yellow and let's dive into it.…Let's turn on show all objects,…so we can just see our wires as well.…
I'm going to blast out our default file, lay down a box.…Let's scale this up and around our wires.…So I'll make that six, eight, six,…and I'll make the center negative two.…Zoom out here, the W key for wire frame…and okay, you can see that we have a box…that's surrounding the tentacles and that quite a bit more.…That's good.…Now I'm going to turn on, hide other objects,…and what we're going to do is we're going to lay down…a fluid source node.…This is a node that often gets laid down…when you automatically build fluid simulation…
- Destroying objects with Houdini rigid body dynamics
- Creating a soft object simulation with Houdini Wire and Finite Element simulations
- Creating a Houdini digital asset (HDA) destruction system for use in Maya and 4D
- Using an HDA destruction system in Maya
- Using an HDA destruction system in CINEMA 4D
Skill Level Advanced
Houdini: Advanced Motion Graphicswith Scott Pagano4h 23m Advanced
Overview of constraints2m 32s
2. Rigid Body Dynamics
3. Soft Body Dynamics
4. Building an HDA
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.