Join Scott Pagano for an in-depth discussion in this video Create tentacle geo, part of Houdini 15.5: Dynamics and Simulation.
- [Instructor] So, now we're in our body object,…and what we're going to do,…we've created our little null here…with the out edge at the bottom,…and I'm going to go out here to our main object level…and I'm going to go into our tentacles geometry object.…And you can see there's bunch of stuff in there already.…This isn't a modeling class,…so we've built a bunch of, sort of,…the intermediary modeling steps for you already…so we can get right into simulation.…So, I'm going to go to the top of my chain here,…and I'm going to make an Object Merge node.…Pull up my parameters, I'm going to go object one,…and let's go into our body.…
We're going to click on this _outEdge null that we had made,…and that's going to bring our edge into our scene.…And we're going to pipe that into the facet1.…This is just going to make some normals.…And what's going on here…with all these nodes here is that,…let's just go to the bottom of the…curl_noise_position node here.…So, what that's doing is that's just…pulling out those points and moving them in space…
- Destroying objects with Houdini rigid body dynamics
- Creating a soft object simulation with Houdini Wire and Finite Element simulations
- Creating a Houdini digital asset (HDA) destruction system for use in Maya and 4D
- Using an HDA destruction system in Maya
- Using an HDA destruction system in CINEMA 4D
Skill Level Advanced
Maya Dynamics: Creating Simulations (2012)with Aaron F. Ross2h 11m Intermediate
Houdini: Advanced Motion Graphicswith Scott Pagano4h 23m Advanced
Overview of constraints2m 32s
2. Rigid Body Dynamics
3. Soft Body Dynamics
4. Building an HDA
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.