Join Scott Pagano for an in-depth discussion in this video Create tentacle geo from wires, part of Houdini 15.5: Dynamics and Simulation.
- [Instructor] Now we're going to go back…into our tentacles geometry object,…and grab out the SIM geometry we just cached,…and build the final actual geometry…for those tentacles.…I'm going to turn off the body and WIRE_SIM_GEO here,…turn on our tentacles and go inside there.…So the end of the chain, the last one in here,…there's this dopimport node but we actually don't…need that anymore, 'cause we're going to bring our…SIM back in from the cache that we just created…in this WIRE_SIM_GEO node.…
So go into the WIRE_SIM_GEO node,…I'm just going to do my traditional,…add a null on the end.…Let's do an underscore out,…so we know where to grab from,…go into tentacles, and now underneath…this dop we'll do an object merge.…We will go to, let's close these up,…we'll go to WIRE_SIM_GEO out and then voila.…Now we've merged in our simulated objects,…and what we want to do is we want to blast out the arms.…
Because we just want the tentacles.…So I'm going to lay down a blast node.…Under Group, we have there, these little at signs here,…
- Destroying objects with Houdini rigid body dynamics
- Creating a soft object simulation with Houdini Wire and Finite Element simulations
- Creating a Houdini digital asset (HDA) destruction system for use in Maya and 4D
- Using an HDA destruction system in Maya
- Using an HDA destruction system in CINEMA 4D
Skill Level Advanced
Maya Dynamics: Creating Simulations (2012)with Aaron F. Ross2h 11m Intermediate
Houdini: Advanced Motion Graphicswith Scott Pagano4h 23m Advanced
Overview of constraints2m 32s
2. Rigid Body Dynamics
3. Soft Body Dynamics
4. Building an HDA
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.