Join Scott Pagano for an in-depth discussion in this video Create collision geometry for base, part of Houdini 15.5: Dynamics and Simulation.
- [Instructor] So now we have our base…that's been added into our simulation.…First thing we're going to do,…is I'm going to select my base, hit PBD,…and my parameter's up,…and I'm going to change its collision padding…to .002.…I'm going to get it started here,…and now, we going to go out of our dynamics network…and into the base network,…and we're going to lay down a bunch of nodes…that's going to properly set up our collision geometry…to match our high-res geometry.…So what we're going to do here…is we're going to drag my blast3 over to the right.…I'm going to lay down an unpack node.…
I'm going to connect the setup pack prims to that.…And now, I'm going to lay down a connectivity sock,…put that under the unpack,…and now I'm going to lay down an attribute transfer,…wire my proxy geometry into the left,…my low-res geometry into the right,…and display flat that,…and let's look at flat wire shaded.…So what we just did is we unpacked the packed geometry…that the setup pack prims made of our high-res geo.…We had a connectivity sock…
- Destroying objects with Houdini rigid body dynamics
- Creating a soft object simulation with Houdini Wire and Finite Element simulations
- Creating a Houdini digital asset (HDA) destruction system for use in Maya and 4D
- Using an HDA destruction system in Maya
- Using an HDA destruction system in CINEMA 4D
Skill Level Advanced
Maya Dynamics: Creating Simulations (2012)with Aaron F. Ross2h 11m Intermediate
Houdini: Advanced Motion Graphicswith Scott Pagano4h 23m Advanced
Overview of constraints2m 32s
2. Rigid Body Dynamics
3. Soft Body Dynamics
4. Building an HDA
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.