Having edges stored in a group is good, but what if you realize that you need to make adjustments to the selection? This video looks at how you can re-edit your selection and save it to the same group, keeping your node flow intact.
- [Instructor] When we set about creating scene groups,…there will always be a little trial and error…that needs to go into the process.…And this is true no matter how carefully…we may have thought out our scene placement.…So whilst we may have created 90% of our seams,…to the best standard and in the best places,…there will always be at least one or two in the mix…that could do with being improved.…Whenever this is the case,…rather than going back…and redoing all of our selection work,…we will want to just add,…or maybe take away,…from our existing selection group.…
Let's go ahead and take a look…at how we do that in this particular exercise.…With our selection tool engaged…and set to cut geometry for UV layout,…and with the group selected in the graph view,…we can press the enter key,…after which we need to make sure…that the cursor is over the 3D-view.…And then press the tilde key…so that we can be ready to make our edits.…Once done, we should see the text restart selecting…appear at the bottom of the view.…
On top of this visual clue,…
- UV mapping basics
- Controlling how UV mapping handles scale
- Displaying viewport maps correctly
- Testing and resetting UVs
- Choosing a texture type
- Mapping NURBS and Bézier surfaces
- Making UV seams
- Grouping, storing, and reusing UV seam selections
- Using seams with pelt mapping
- Selecting and manipulating UVs
- Sewing shared points
- Installing the Game Development Toolset
Skill Level Intermediate
Houdini: Advanced Motion Graphicswith Scott Pagano4h 23m Advanced
1. UV Mapping Basics
2. UV Texture and Project Options
3. UV Seams, Pelt, and Flatten
4. The UV Edit Node
5. Game Development Tool Kit
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.